Saturday, July 14, 2012

The winners of the Creatori Lestat poetry contest


Asya Jolles: Welcome to the announcement of the winners
 of the Creatori Lestat poetry contest. Look at you, 
absolutely gorgeous! I want to thank you for coming.
 Speaking of which, you know who loves to come?
Mmhmm the the Karnstein, boy do they love to come.
 I mean it. Again and again. All the men there are hard workers...
so I've heard. No Vorden here...uh oh...hope everyone locked up their household pets!
How about DeRais, raise your hand if you're DeRais?
 Asya Jolles: Thought that would be a familiar task since they're so darn young. But seriously kudos to them for getting organized...really it's hard when you are so used to your momma organizing you. Yes, as the Karns know, organizing does start with "organ," wicked devils.
[08:05] Asya Jolles: Any Bathory? They can be a pain, literally I hear, but you know you love them! Demonicans, aww it is a pity they couldn't join us. I was worried they'd all be busy robbing puritans for their outfits...or nuns...such a terrible habit!
 Nishira Xaris chuckled under my breath
[Asya Jolles: And congratulations to the Drakul, like the Lestat I hear they are bringing new life to their sabat...death? New...Drakuls. Good luck with it!
Borghesia, you delicious creatures. Without you we'd be mere shadows of our former selves, or paler at least, as would the Paesani!
Without further ado about nothing, the winners.
 I will read the winning poem and then announce the name and award the prize.
 Asya Jolles: In the free form and most popular category in third place,
receiving three hundred gold:

I can’t stop looking,
At your glorious face.
It draws me in,
Pulling me in a daze.
And your eyes;
So luminous and radiant.
They sparkle,
With a sense of mystery.
And they twinkle,
With the slightest bit of curiosity.
I can’t handle this anymore.
It’s driving me insane.
The challenge to resist staring:
At those animated, gleaming, dazzling pools of heaven.
Every time that I see you,
My heart jumps a beat,
I see your glistening eyes,
And I cannot compete.
I’d travel through the Sahara,
Go through every mountain place,
I’d swim the entire channel,
Just to see your face.
by Markus Venderi
Congratulations Markus!
 Nishira Xaris claps "congrats Markus!!!"


Asya Jolles: in second place receiving four hundred gold:
My love
Your eyes are looking at me and they make me shiver.
and their brown depths make me drown.
Your mouth is smiling at me
and their softness makes me want to melt at your feet
Your arms are reaching out for me
and my heart is beating so fast and hard, I can but tremble
Deeply your eyes are looking into mine
and the blush is arising on my cheeks
Slowly we both move closer and closer
and our lips are brushing against each other
Your hand is caressing my face
and you are stealing my breath just by being so close
Hiding your eyes behind closed lids
you lean closer to me
Leaning closer and your lips are placed upon mine
And you are stealing so much more then my breath.
Your hands so softly holding my heart
as your lips are pressed against mine.
How can I ever confess to you
how my heart aches of just seeing you?
How can I ever confess
how you have swept my soul away
with all your being
I love you forever, My Markus.
by Miranda


In first place receiving one thousand gold
 (and five hundred linden):
"Revivification"
Warm blood rushing down;
Violence all around.
A small charade, the due is paid;
Diamond tears for a shallow grave.
She steps in sight to bring me in, then disappears.
My mind's eye punctured, leaving a void;
New Life exchanged for The Ultimate Sin.
What is this place where time stands still?
The clock strikes on, but there is no one to welcome me.
Where are the memories that used to haunt my aching brain?
I reach for you, but you are not there.
No more tears, nothing is real.
My empty soul screams out for you,
But time gives way and I am left.
Alone.
by Kazimir Giacomin
Asya Jolles: The last two categories have only a first place winner.
The first place winner in the sabat or group category,
receiving one thousand gold ( and five hundred linden):
STILLNESS OF THE TOMB
My soul finds itself alone
Afront my ancestors tomb
No crowd to pry
My secret hour....
Be still in silence O Lestat
My silence, not loneliness
For my forefather's who stood
So virtuous on this land
Now standing overshadowing me
Be still in silence, O Lestat
The night shall frown
And stars not look down....
For my weariness it seems
Burning and clings forever
Be still in silence, O Lestat
My thoughts shall not banish
No visions to vanish
From my spirit passes
The tenderness of their ashes
Be still in silence, my beloved Lestat
The breeze, the breath is still
Mists rise on the hills
Shadows, symbols and tokens...
The chain of blood left unbroken.
How it hangs upon the trees
Mystery of mysteries
My beloved Anscestry, Lestat
by Lord Victore Bragelonne
 Asya Jolles: In first place for limerick category,
receiving one thousand gold (and five hundred linden):
((prose is written in shakey handwriting on the back of a paper napkin with bloodwine stains))
Ode to the Lestati Ladies of the Bath....
There once was a lady named Mariella
Who had a big crush on a fella
They had a brief fling
Till she stepped on his thing
And now her fella answers to Bella
There once was a young Diva called Nena
Who liked to bathe in verbena
She took off her clothes
And lay in repose
Then realised all the Karn men had seen her.
There was a young lady named Tessa
Who doesn't look like an aggressor
But if you picked on her age,
She would scalp you with rage,
And show off the new trophy on her dresser.
There once was a vampire called Selene
Who thought that her appearance was mean
She put bows in her hair
and wore pink underwear
And turned the ladies in Venexia all green
There was a sweet girlie named Charity
Who could recite the full alphabet with clarity
A cheeky little blighter
who's a really good fighter
She'll poke out your eye with sincerity
((A big splotch of some unidentified liquid fortunately obscures the rest of the submission))
by Lucius DuPrave
 Asya Jolles: Thank you so much to everyone who entered
and for coming and helping to revitalize the beautiful arts
 in Venexia! Enjoy the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment