Friday, June 15, 2012

AN EVENING INTERVIEW WITH CONTESSA BRIDGET


I found myself a bit on edge this evening  .. Pfft I thought to myself .. I am never on Edge.
~Sigh~ Alas this was different . For I was waiting on Dear Pascha .
She  had no small task at hand this week. Her Assignment .
Was to Interview My Beloved  Contessa and Sister of  Bathory .... 
Ah Just then I was able to note both her breathing and her rushing, just outside .. 
In no time there she was rushing up the Steps full of dare I type Life.. Bright and all that . 
How are you Dear i said with a warm calming smile .. 
Out of breath ,she replied ..  as she Looked at me .  surprised with her own response 
I am well my Lady .  Good Good .. I replied .. Then all went well  ?
Oh Yes My Lady .. She handed me her work ..  I glowed as I read over it with grand approval .
You have done quite well Pascha . I am most grateful, The Contessa is Special ! 
Pascha nodded some how knowing just what meant .
Then we shall go to Print .. I handed  her some Gold coins . and sent her on her merry way.
I must confess I too was relieved .. ~ grins~
And Now Ladies and Gentlemen .. humans and gaunts  .
For your reading pleasure .. A Most Special  Interview 
written and done by Pasha Penucca
AN EVENING INTERVIEW WITH CONTESSA BRIDGET,
 LEADER OF THE BATHORY 
CASA Del Delore COVEN
 “Cruor est vita quodVereor est dulcis of vinum.  Imbiboprofundus of cruor Quod lavo”
written and Photos by Pasha Penucca
Nervously I approached Contessa Bridget’s apartment hoping that she was in good spirits this evening, as Lady Seabreeze directed that I interview the Contessa. Contessa is well known for her sharp tongue and even sharper temper, yet amazingly I’ve avoided her wrath up until this point. My thoughts went to my encounter with Lady Svev just the previous week. The Bathory are not known for their kindness to humans and my experience with Lady Svev validated that to me as a mere rental ended up with her stripping me,beating me and removing two of my teeth.
Rubbing my still sore jaw as I knocked weakly at the door,secretly hoping she’d not be at home or not hear my feeble knock. My hopes were dashed as I heard her commanding her servant to open the door.

As the trembling maid opens the door,
 I step gingerly inside taking in the beautiful opulence of her well appointed apartment.
I realized that I had not yet greeted Contessa being so impressed with my surroundings.
   Fixing my eyes on her, I see that she pays me no mind at all as she is seated holding a scroll and intently reading it. I Pretend to clear my throat in order to gain her attention
 As she peers up at me, she seems annoyed that I’ve interrupted her.
Gathering up my courage, I greet Contessa, whistling a bit through the empty space created by Lady Svev’s extractions, “Good Evening Contessa”, I said, my voice cracking a little.

“Don’t stand there like a frightened rabbit”, Contessa said,as I’m sure she noticed how I trembled. “I have no tolerance for scared animals who look ready to bolt at the first sign of a single word!”, I step forward more forcefully and decide to try to ingratiate myself. I blurt out, “You look simply stunning tonight Contessa!” She actually did look stunning in her beautiful gown with her hair perfectly groomed and styled and her pretty face belying the danger that resided just under the surface of that lovely countenance.
Ignoring my compliment, Contessa seeming a bit impatient squints her eyes and begins to speak,
“Well, what can I do for you? I have no intention of biting you,
so pray tell what is it that has caused you to seek me out?”
Realizing that Lady Seabreeze had not prepared the Contessa for my visit, I started to feel a little uncomfortable and stuttered a bit as I explained my purpose for being there.
“I thought you knew that I would be visiting you Contessa.
 Lady Seabreeze has commissioned me to interview you this evening for an article in the chronicle.”


Taking up a glass of wine and pausing, she cocks her head and addresses me,
 “did she now… and what exactly did she wish you to interview-me for?”
Trying to smile sweetly I respond, “Well Contessa, you must realize that a woman of your prestige would attract the curiosity of the venexian citizens. My purpose is to find out what makes the Contessa tick… who is she… and what drives her… and perhaps this will shed a more favorable light on your coven.”
With an irritated look, the Contessa remarked, “Why would Icare what makes anyone in this city curious? As long as they are not endangering my family or placing any of my family in jeopardy, they can go to hell in their own fashion of course! And as for shedding a favorable light on my coven... We are the nobility of this city… what better light can there be?We give this city culture and elegance! They should be proud that we are even here and deem them worthy of our time!” With this, a satisfied smile appears on her face.

Knowing now with all confidence that this would be a difficult interview, I took a deep breath and followed up on her comment about endangering her family, 
“Can you elaborate on what you would do to someone who would dare to endanger your family?”
Turning her icy blue eyes on me with a look of wicked intensity she explains, “The Lady Selenity… she was Bathory at one time…siredby myself…betrayed my family and me…she learned the most painful way exactly what I would do to any who would dare to harm my family!” Continuing her evil stare she went on, “tell me little human, have you ever seen a crucifixion or seen someone’s skin peeled away from their body while they lived… Have you ever seen a rat shoved up someone’s anus and watched it claw its way through the body seeking escape?”
I gasped at the horror of her words and how it conjured upthe equally frightening visual in my mind. Mustering up the courage to continuethe interview and wanting to direct the conversation away from such horror Iattempted to pivot in another direction, “Can you speak to your managementstyle … how you manage such a large coven of strong willed chosen?”
Contessa observed me with a curious smile on her face and began to talk about herself,open up if you will, perhaps starting to trust me, or maybe she was simply feeling mellow as she continued to sip from her glass of wine.  “I was raised in the court of my Aunt… our Archeos Erzabet Bathory Di Ecsed in Hungary. It was a very different life”, she said as she looked off into space with a wistful expression on her face. Pausing for a moment, she then looked my way again continuing to speak, “The court in Hungary was more often caught up in the political struggles of Europe.  It was a time of strife where the emperor was more interested in the money we could provide for his petty human wars and as long as we provided the money he was willing to over look who and what we were…ahh but the opulence, the elegance of Europe during that age.. truly there was nothing to compare...”

The Contessa paused reflecting on her past but then seemed to remember something-important that she wanted to share, “We have a wonderful event coming up that my Viscontessa Seabreeze has been hard at work planning.. such a delightful event, truly another beautiful momentous Bathory Ball. One that will make Venexia Society come out of the wood work and shine once again. What I speak of,of course, is the Midsummer Dreams Ball.. a temptation delight of the senses. Now mind you, the dress code is formal white. One never knows what can happen at a Midsummer Ball…”, a mischievous grin appeared on the Contessa’s face as she continued,  “Especially with a Bathory in charge of it.”
As our interview came to a close I asked the Contessa if there was anything she’d like to say to the citizens of Venexia.   She contemplated her response briefly and then offered, “I wish to say to the citizens of venexia,  Cruor est Vita quod Vereor est dulcis ofvinum. Imbibo profundus of cruor quod  lavo…
(The Blood is Life and Fear is the sweetest of wines.... Drink deep of the blood and bathe in the fear!)”

As I  Began to take my leave, Contessa began to speak again… “Oh and one more thing.  If I find any chosen aiding or associating in any way with those disgusting Vorden.. I do not care what sabbat they belong to, they shall be considered an enemy of the court.. and hunted by my family. The Vorden are outcasts.. madmen.. the worst of any out there for they hunt and feed from their own kind.  I will not abide any chosen that dares to associate or fraternize with that filth. If I find or am presented with proof
of such they shall be considered no better than the Vorden.”
With those parting words, so characteristic of the Contessa, I did curtsy, thanking
her for her time and grateful that I had survived the interview in one piece.   As the door closed behind me, I breathed a sigh of relief and walked with a spring in my step back to the
Chronicles office to report to Lady Seabreeze… Mission Accomplished! 


No comments:

Post a Comment