Monday, June 18, 2012

“May your paths be protected by the darkness and made easy to tread!"

A MOST PLEASANT VISIT WITH HIGH PRIESTESS KYLIE 
AND OTHERS OF THE DAEMONICAN ORDER
“May your paths be protected by the darkness and made easy to tread"
 Written and Photographed 
'BY PASHA
It was a damp evening with a chill in the air as Iwalked through the streets to the Basilica where I was to meet with High Priestess, Kylie and others of the Daemonicans. On this evening I had no anxiety as I did when I interviewed Contessa Bridget of the Bathory.  No, I felt no hesitation what so ever since all my dealings with the Daemonicans had always been stress free and actually quite pleasant. I’ve had much interaction with the Daemonicans in my capacity of dottore tasked with delivering the babies of the women chosen for the breeding program. I came to appreciate their pleasant nature and nurturing ways as they too took interest in the mother’s and of course the babies when the time came for them to take custody of them.
As I carefully climbed the steps to the basilica, I looked at the marvelous façade with new eyes, somehow appreciating the architecture as never before.  Slowly opening the heavy doors and stepping into the Basilica, I was in awe of its superb beauty, almost forgetting why I was there.  I then realized that the lovely High Priestess was there waiting for me.
High Priestess Kylie greeted me with a warm smile asI knew she would.  I smiled as well and we exchanged our “Good Evenings” and began to have a pleasant casual conversation.   After some time, she told me that she awaited the Abbot Tree and Hierophant Amber,
who is now the head dottore of Venexia, as they would be joining us.
While we continued to wait, the High Priestess, who is the head of the Daemonican
 Order of the Daemonican Sabat, talked about the fact that there are two
Houses of the Coven. Saying, “We have two houses in our coven.
The House of Wrath which Abbot Tree heads.  They are our protectors.
  The other is the House of Discipline which consists of Arcana and Faith and of course,
 Heirophant Amberand myself.”
When the others arrived we walked to the library forsome privacy as I readied my scroll and quill for the interview.   Clearing my throat, I began with the first question, asking the High Priestess to talk about the Daemonicans in terms ofthe rituals they perform and also to discuss their involvement with the breeding program and the subsequent care of the infants.  I added, “There are many new residents inVenexia these days and they may be ignorant of the role the Daemonicans play in the culture of our city.”
High Priestess spoke of the various rituals performed, “We are doing rituals monthly based on the full moon and we have performed rituals of blessing for whatever the need may be.
 As for the babies, we bless them into the world and when the mother is ready,
 we take them to Long Harrow Island.  There they are raised by us and when they reach the age of eighteen, they are returned to live amongst all others in the city.”
 At this point the High Priestess had a look of concern as she said,
“Some of the mothers don't want to give the babies up but they know that they can't stay in the city.
 It’s for the protection of the babies, of course. “
High Priestess spoke more about the rituals saying, “The blessing rituals are the ones we seem to do most...Blessing new covens, new vampires, buildings, babies. The full moon rituals are based upon the moon oft hat particular month.” Hierophant Amber added, “Father Connor did a blessing of the blades ritual and Brother Raven has done two baptisms.”  At this moment the Abbot said almost under his breath, “We do secret rituals as well.”  As any good reporter, his comment caught my attention and I pursued aline of questions about those “secret” rituals.
Directing my question to the Abbot Tree, I said,”Secret?
Can you speak to what types of rituals they are without being specific if necessary?
  He responded, “We do summoning, protection, curses, blood rituals
. Many different things. Cursing would be secret as some of the summonings are.
 The dark rituals are done secretly.”The High Priestess added,
 “We’ve cast demons from our coven.”
Nervously touching my chin, I dared to press formore about the ‘dark rituals’,
 looking to the Abbot, "but can you provide just a wee bit more information on the 'dark' rituals .. ?"
 The Abbot took a stern demeanor as he said,
“I’m sorry, but that’s all I can divulge to the public.”
  As I conceded that the Abbot had spoken his final word on the ‘dark’ rituals, I turned to the High Priestess asking for more information on the demons, “when you say demons,what form do the demons take?”  She thought a bit and then responded, “There have been possessions and we have 
summoned ancients to help remove them and we have been taken over by different
demons, no two being alike.”  The Abbot then interjected, “A ritual went terribly wrong and we opened a gateway that we couldn’t close before the demons took advantage of it.
  Eventually we succeeded in exorcising the demons and containing them safely closing the gateway.
I asked about services in the Basilica and about the everyday life of the Daemonicans.  The High Priestess smiled saying, “Everyday is a day of worship and praise to the High Spirit. Any one is welcome at any time. The only time we frown about othersbeing in the Basilica is when we are conducting coven business. As for our day to day life, we pray and go to work.  Aritual takes time to prepare....we study...read...practice...until we get the desired outcome. Everything we do is based upon structure.  There is a certain path to take to get to the end and we follow that path.”  Hierophant Amber added, “I spend a good bit of my time opposing the blasphemous teachings of the Vordens, when I am not attending to the wounded, ill, and pregnant"
I pressed Hierophant Amber at her obvious agitation about the Vordens, her response was quite disturbing, in fact horrifying, “A Vorden attacked and drained me feeding from me; another attacked me and dragged me to the Redemptionto fill their vat, and an unknown assailant tortured and raped me..." She was visibly shaken as she finished speaking and I could not help jumping from my seat to go to her side and embrace her. We spoke no words, as I looked at her compassionately and slowly took myseat once more.
Composing myself  I asked them if there was any thing else they’d like to share with the citizens of Venexia.   Hieropphant Amber spoke up, “I would like to think we respect the humans more than most Sabats, because we respect the gift of life they give us.
There is something spiritual in the giving, and to disregard something of such great importance can only result in bad karma coming back to oneself."  The High Priestess smiled and nodded approving at Hieropphant’s remark as I jotted them down and put away my scroll and quill.
As I took my leave, the High Priestess added one last thought to express to Venexia’s citizens, “It seems that every one stays away. Perhaps this is because we are not in the main thorough fare of the city.  However, we are here to give blessings whenever they are needed.”  She bid me Good Night, with a healing, reminding me of the  Daemonican’s celebration of the Summer Solstice scheduled for June 21st to the 23rdand emphasizing that she hopes to see all of Venexia at the celebrations.  Waving to me as I left she called after me, “May your paths be protected by the darkness and made easy to tread!”

No comments:

Post a Comment